Update please click on link below 26th March
The AC Workforce and DC Managers have been informed and have been asked to contact all those that have been nominated for the T1 Assessment.
Hello and welcome to the “pathway” for aspiring hockey players. This is a single talent program across the whole of England known as the Player Pathway.
The Player Pathway provides an environment that helps all junior players realise their potential, whether that means they are the best club player they can be, seek a lifelong commitment to the game through coaching or volunteering or perhaps go on to represent England or Great Britain at junior or senior level.
The Player Pathway is made up of the following tiers:
- Development Centres – provide a local entry point to the Player Pathway for U13s-U17s
- Academy Centres – delivered in 49 counties, provide a high quality talent programme for players identified in U13-U17 age groups
- Performance Centres – based across the country providing frequent, high quality training with the best coaches for U15 and U17 players
- Futures Cup – supports player development within a high intensity and pressurised best-v-best tournament environment
- Diploma in Sporting Excellence (DiSE) – provides additional training and sport-related education for U17 players selected from Performance Centres
- National Age Group Squads (NAGS) – selected at U16 and U18 age groups for girls and boys. Provides the first taste of international competition for our young players
- U21/Development Programme – an elite training environment for players who aim to transition into the senior programme and become world-leading players
Development and Academy Centres are administered by Kent Hockey. If you would like more information you can search these pages or else contact Dave Parsons on email@example.com The following links contain more information about development and academy centres in Kent, what and who they are for and how you can get involved.
Kent is proud to be an administrator of the pathway, competing in the Southern Region.
If you are interested in being involved in the Kent Player Pathway system – please note that there are currently open roles for the following:
- Kent Hockey Player Pathway – Lead Coach (overseeing the coaching provision within Kent)
If you are interested please contact the Kent Vice President for Junior Hockey at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always on the look out for coaches – and if you are interested in being a part of the Kent Junior coaching team please contact email@example.com